Friday 13 April 2012

Poetry In Motion

I wrote this piece a while back.



You visualise all that glitters
All that shines
All that, that sparkles under the moon light
You’re blind to the struggle
Oblivious to the pain
For now the sun shines
There is no more rain
You bleed the struggle in your veins
How it crippled you forcing you down
Oh how the bitter sweet now you wear the crown
Now that you have made it
From a statistic to a realistic
You will never look back
To where your fingers first touched the dirt
Where you put in the work
A forgotten memory as the thought only brings hurt

Why shine away for it was what had made you
Blind in the brightest day
No food just crumbs on the table.

Now you look down onto your fellow man
Rather than help to stand up
You stay in command
Never to fall back down to where we all stand.

Congratulations to you, well done
May your life be happy and long
Here is me looking up to you saying
Don’t forget where you come from.

I’ll be there soon, not to worry
I’ll see you soon
But unlike you
I taught my brothers and sister to comes up
And I’m bringing them to





No comments:

Post a Comment