Friday 20 May 2011

All In The Beat

It was all a dream i use to read word up magazine (Notorious Big)

I guess it all started from watching movies that my uncles/aunties use to watch, they were always dancing etc. funk,soul,breakdance, yep, when i heard that sound and saw the moves that was my drug right there. next was being that DJ, i didnt have my own decks so we use to go round this rich boys house who did, but he didnt know what to do with em, not till i flipped it on him. I couldnt tell you when i started to spit/Mc but i had a sound and a hunger in my voice, loads of people thought i was american i think that came from prob influence from the music, i dont sound like a british mc i dont have that twang plus i dont talk slang either, thats just me. so moving on to me being 14 years old working on marketstalls in portobello market (i was across from the woolworths) helped run 2 stalls, ok lets jump to when i was 16

-Now im on the scene, pocket full of cream-

I meet EMC, TommyBoy artist, merchandise Director, and to this day one of my very best friends, nothing goes out musically till i run it by him, why? cos he will tell me the truth.

The funny thing is we have never made a record together, but then music is timeless and were still competing so its all good.

After finding my style/voice i turned my had to making the music, like most i had no clue, so i use to study the sounds from music, now in my house there was no hiphop except from me, mum was reggae,motown, and dad was blues,classical,rock, but it was the sounds i was looking for, and when i found that sound i recreated it for me, collectivly i must have a average of 3000+ beats

Im getting there LOL   

No comments:

Post a Comment